“Blame Canada! Blame Canada!”
I woke up today with this earworm, so I knew it was time to get busy and post my reading picks for The Canadian Book Challenge.
Because I haven’t been entirely successful with challenges, I decided to keep my aspirations for this one modest. Yes, I really want to read a book from every province and every territory, but I also want to succeed. Therefore, the way I’ve decided to tackle this challenge is to read every Canadian book I have on my TBR shelf:
1. All Families Are Psychotic – Douglas Coupland (British Columbia) FINISHED
2. A Complicated Kindness – Miriam Toews (Manitoba) FINISHED
3. Fifth Business – Robertson Davies (Ontario)
4. Murther And Walking Spirits – Robertson Davies (Ontario)
5. Dressing Up For The Carnival – Carol Shields (Manitoba)
6. Fall On Your Knees – Anne-Marie MacDonald (Nova Scotia) FINISHED
I’d really like to read another Anne book and thus include Prince Edward Island, but for now, that’s wishful thinking. If I get to it, that’s gravy. Uummm….gravy….Poutine…time for a trip to New York Fries!
If my enthusiasm starts to wane, I’ve got a secret weapon: I’ll just call on CanadaBoy to sing a few rousing choruses of “The Hockey Song”. Or maybe he can take me curling!