1. I used to lie and tell people that my birthday was December 10th instead of December 11th because I wanted to have the same birthday as Emily Dickinson. I was born around 5 a.m. on the 11th, so it really wasn’t that much of a lie, but at the time, it felt like I was telling a whopper.
2. A bowl of popcorn liberally laced with pickled jalapeno peppers is my idea of comfort food.
3. While watching a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game, I can’t read when the opposing team is up to bat, because if I’m engrossed in my book and not watching carefully, those SOBs will score a run (or worse!) off of my beloved Cards.
4. If I get an interesting word on my rack in Scrabble, I’ll play it even if there’s a better move available. “Gadfly” is a recent example.
5. When I’m running a fever, I dream each letter of the alphabet in agonizingly slow motion. The letters pulsate. They hurt me.
6. I absolutely crave time alone. I’m a solitary junkie. The more solitude I get, the more I want.
7. I can’t spell “weird”. I have to look it up every time.
Tag! You’re it! If you’ve already been tagged by someone else, my apologies.