Wow, deciding my books for this challenge was really difficult, but this is the final list.
I’m pretty sure.
Well, fairly sure.
[in no particular order]
1. My Life In France – Julia Child
2. Lillian Hellman: A Life With Foxes And Scoundrels -Deborah Martinson
3. Brainiac – Ken Jennings FINISHED
4. Poet Of The Appetites (biography of MFK Fisher) – Joan Reardon
5. Going Solo – Roald Dahl FINISHED
6. Travels With Charley – John Steinbeck FINISHED
7. Tete-A-Tete: The Tumultuous Lives & Loves Of Simone De Beauvoir And Jean-Paul Sartre – Hazel Rowley [Do you think it’ll live up to its title?] FINISHED
8. My Detachment – Tracy Kidder FINISHED
9. After All – Mary Tyler Moore [I wanted to be MTM when I was a kid. I wanted an apartment like hers, except with a big S on the wall. I wanted to move to Minneapolis and throw my cute knitted beret up in the air. So far, none of that has panned out.]
10. The Hiding Place – Corrie ten Boom [This was published in comic book form when I was in middle school. What a great story.]
11. The Hungry Ocean – Linda Greenlaw FINISHED
12. A Thousand Sorrows – Elizabeth Kim [The Korean connection]
13. Truth & Beauty – Ann Patchett FINISHED
14. Schultz and Peanuts: A Biography – David Michaelis FINISHED
15. Diane Arbus – Patricia Bosworth FINISHED